The federal government will immediately move to tighten oversight of the home care packages program, with 500 providers to be audited each year.
- RC report signals crackdown on home care providers
- HCP, CHSP workers next up for vaccination
- Peaks warn about RC home care targets
- Report reveals gap between home care expectations and reality
- Home care providers reveal hopes and fears in final submissions to RC
- Call for mandatory guidelines for home delivered meals
- RC report may usher in technology-enabled care
- Providers urged to get onboard with new code
- Study backs home-based wound care
- Hearing loss linked to dementia risk
Amelia CondiYoung people with disability will soon have more opportunities to explore appropriate housing options than ever before, with the transition of more than 500 aged care providers to NDIS providers on 1 December 2020.
Di WinkerThe final report from the royal commission into aged care will be released this week. This report will show that institutional housing for the elderly is not working and include a range of measures to address the neglect they have found.
Mark Sheldon-StemmRecommendations to the royal commission are focused on increasing control for providers rather than reforming the system for consumers.
There are no upcoming events.