Is your service ready for the Support at Home Program?
The ‘Support at Home Program’ will be introduced in July 2023. It is a key element of the Australian Government’s response to the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety. The ‘Support at Home Program’ will consolidate current home care programs including the Home Care Package Program, the Commonwealth Home Support Program, and the Short-Term Restorative Care Program.
It will bring significant changes to the way home care services are delivered and funded. Home Care providers who understand the changes will be positioned to identify and assess the implications of these changes. Design and development of the ‘Support at Home Program’ are underway and whilst there is still much to learn there are already some signposts to the future.
- Explain the implications of the available information about the ‘Support at Home Program’.
- Identify information gaps about publicly available information on the ‘Support at Home Program’.
- Analyse the design of the Support at Home Program – services, finances, workforce.
- Evaluate your organisation’s workforce capability.
- Identify strategies for consumer engagement regarding the Support at Home Program.
- Implement actions to commence your transition to the Support at Home Program.