This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to train others in safe and high-quality medication management. It will clarify exactly what your service needs to have in place to ensure that can support consumers with medication. This includes defining the scope of practice for staff in relation to medication management.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the key definitions, standards, guidelines and jurisdictional regulatory requirements including the new Guidelines.
- Describe training required to ‘ASSIST’ and/or ‘DELIVER’ medications.
- Explain medication documentation and accountabilities.
- Describe risk management and contingencies in medication management.
- Discuss the use of dose administration aids (Webster packs) and strategies to establish support from the community pharmacist.