After this course you will be able to better interpret and apply the legislation, regulations and guidelines regarding consumer spending and utilisation of subsidies. It will give clarity about process and practice for determining allowable and appropriate spending. Most importantly, it will provide guidance on how to clearly communicate with consumers, so there is a shared understanding of how their HCP subsidy can be applied to their care needs.
By the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Describe the legislation, regulations and program guidelines on HCP spending.
- Understand the consequences of approving excluded consumer spending.
- Recognise the importance of aligning consumer spending with the care plan, assessed needs and goals.
- Apply an evidence-based criteria to decision-making about consumer spending including goods, equipment and assistive devices.
- Communicate effectively with consumers to ensure a shared understanding of HCP inclusions/exclusions.