This webinar will explore how to prepare for, initiate, and have difficult conversations. There are many topics that can be challenging to approach such as declining health, end-of-life care, coming to terms with a serious diagnosis, sexuality, or the death of a loved one. You will come away from this webinar with the confidence to understand emotional responses and apply a range of strategies and techniques to tackle difficult topics.
At the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe emotional responses experienced by consumers and the workforce.
- Define the 10-step approach for difficult conversations.
- Apply the guidelines for breaking ‘bad’ news.
- Describe a strengths-based approach to opening questions.
- Outline conversational strategies that empower consumers.
- Explain approaches to managing and overcoming negative reactions.
- Describe techniques for transforming difficult conversations into positive outcomes.