Add to Calendar
May 17, 2022 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
This webinar will provide knowledge, understanding, skills and confidence to improve the health literacy of care managers, consumers, and frontline workers. At the end of the session, you will know why health literacy is important and how to use some simple techniques to improve how you communicate health literacy. You will also learn practical strategies for integrating health literacy into systems, and processes and enabling the workforce to contribute.
By the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Define health literacy and the benefits to consumers and their families.
- Describe and use health literacy tools, e-Health and techniques.
- Identify factors that influence health literacy and the impact of health literacy on consumer’s health choices.
- Create a personal action plan to be health literacy friendly.
- Outline strategies to integrate health literacy in systems and processes.
- Identify strategies to equip frontline workers to contribute to health literacy.