Health Skills for Care Managers Training
March 6 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This training will provide knowledge, understanding, skills and confidence to heighten awareness of the impact of health literacy on consumer health and care and to improve the health literacy of care managers, consumers and frontline workers. At the end of the session, you will know why health literacy is important and how to use some simple techniques to improve how you communicate health literacy. You will also learn practical strategies for integrating health literacy into systems, and processes and enabling the workforce to contribute.
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Understand common geriatric conditions.
- Define health literacy and the benefits to consumers and their families.
- Know how to make an effective referral.
- Learn how to write a health care plan.
- Know the importance of risk and vulnerability assessments.
- Document interventions that relate to high-risk conditions as per Standard 5 in new ACQS.