Providers must take specific steps to ensure that care management and clinical care practice includes routine and regular monitoring of consumer’s health and well-being and effective mechanisms for referral to and engagement with others involved in provision of health and clinical care services. If this is not done effectively there may be a risk to consumer’s well-being, especially those with health issues and complex care needs. This webinar will equip you with the skills and knowledge to enhance on-going monitoring of consumers through incorporation of conduct of health check-ins into on-going care management and clinical care practice.
By the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Explain how conduct of health check-ins supports compliance with home care regulations and program guidelines.
- Describe the components of a systematic approach for conduct of health check-ins.
- Recognise how best practice conduct of health check-ins builds provider capability for clinical care and specialised support service delivery now and in the future.
- Identify effective approaches for conduct of health check-ins.
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities for staff conducting health check-ins.
- Explain how to manage referral pathways for health check-ins and sub-contractors…