Add to Calendar
September 14, 2021 all-day
In this webinar, you will come away with a tangible set of skills that give you the confidence to carry out systematic and holistic clinical assessments.
What will this webinar include?
- Requirements of Clinical Assessment in the Aged Care Quality Standards and NDIS
- Clinical assessment policy and procedures
- Different types of assessment and when these should be used
- Holistic assessment: psychological, physical, functional, social and spiritual domains
- Establishing systems to capture key information for comprehensive care delivery
- Types of assessment outcomes and applications
- Using validated assessment tool
- Alignment the care plan with life goals
- Assessment for deteriorating conditions and changes
- Clinical protocols, pathways and guidelines
- Clinical judgements, reasoning and decision-making
- Common errors and pitfalls with clinical assessments
- Referrals and high-risk scenarios
- Partnering with consumers
- Clinical Governance
- Scope of practice, accountability and the ethical, legal and professional issues
- Resources including validated assessment tools.