This webinar will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of how the dignity of risk and duty of care apply in home care. It will enable you to manage high-risk consumer choices and preferences in a systematic way. The webinar will also clarify what systems, practices and process are essential to managing dignity of risk and duty of care. This webinar will explore case studies of common situations and how to methodically work through a process to manage these.
By the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Explain the key definitions, legal framework and regulatory requirements.
- Describe the key principles and current challenges.
- Outline and apply legal, professional and expert opinion.
- ü Discuss assessment of duty of care.
- Apply a risk management framework to dignity of risk.
- Discuss and apply a practical approach to manage the dignity of risk.
- Discuss case studies and how the principles of consent, capacity, and duty of care apply.
- Describe processes for monitoring consumers at high risk.
- Identify systems, practices and processes essential to managing dignity of risk and duty of care.