Are you sure your clinical care is fully compliant with the quality standards?
In home care, we’re seeing consumers with increasingly complex care needs, co-morbidities and chronic conditions. We have had a volume of requests seeking information on the requirements of the Aged Care Quality Standards in relation to clinical care in the home.
Our team of clinicians are very experienced in supporting staff to recognise and respond to deteriorating conditions in consumers.
Here’s a quick overview of just some of what you’ll learn on this webinar:
- How to implement a service-wide framework for identifying and managing deteriorating conditions
- Using measures and indicators to monitor changing conditions
- How to use validated tools and assessments
- Policy and practice regarding reassessment
- How to ensure continuity of care
- Real life examples about what can go wrong
- The importance of referrals and escalation
- Documentation to support management of deteriorating conditions
- Quality assurance to ensure processes for deteriorating conditions are occurring
- How to train staff on recognising and reporting deterioration
- Scope of practice in terms of staff responding to deterioration
- Skills/competency testing required
- Partnering with consumers regarding managing their deteriorating conditions
- Decision-making: competence, capacity and rights of consumers
How to engage families/carers regarding monitoring and reporting on changes