This training session will support you to understand the implications of the changes to care management and how you can prepare for the changes. We will explore each of the key dimensions of the role and outline the implications for care partners and the service. We will use different scenarios, examples and suggestions about how to transition to the new role.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Describe the roles, attributes, capabilities, and accountability of care managers as care partners.
- Explain clinical oversight and monitoring.
- Describe the role of care partners in checking and safeguarding the safety of older people.
- Describe how care partners would identify changing needs in a multi-provider model.
- Identify strategies for onboarding and coordination of services in a multi-provider model.
- Describe a typical ongoing learning and development plan for upskilling care partners.