Building on the foundations of case/care management, this course is designed to give attendees in-depth skills and knowledge for advanced practice and complex care. Specific challenges will be addressed, such as working with multiple agencies. You’ll also explore current practice trends and considerations, legal issues, common ethical issues, and the importance of leading and supporting others.
The course is developed and facilitated by experienced professionals who know care/case management ‘inside-out’. The program will equip participants with the essential knowledge, skills, and confidence to meet the diverse needs of clients with special and complex needs while maximizing program efficiencies. Upon completion, you will be well-equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to be a professional case manager!
By the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Explain the practice standards, approaches and models of case management.
- Explain cultural considerations, history, protocols and systems of culturally and linguistically diverse clients and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
- Describe the principles and practices of working across multiple services with different funding arrangements and requirements.
- State strategies for health oversight and health literacy.
- Describe processes for monitoring and evaluating client progress and care…