You will come away from this interactive training session with the practical skills and knowledge to assess your clients for goods, equipment and assistive technology to ensure compliance with the revised reform requirements. Learn who qualifies for equipment and assistive technology and discuss examples that may lack clarity. You will learn about examples of appropriate and inappropriate assessments and what factors should be considered. We will explore a range of examples of goods, equipment and assistive technology that support older people to maintain independence, health and wellbeing.
By the end of this training session, you will be able to:
- Explain the key changes to the Home Care Package Operational Manual and DVA Guidelines including eligibility.
- Updated information about how CHSP and HCP recipients can access additional goods and equipment when needed.
- Describe how to assess for goods and equipment and identify typical applications.
- Describe the types of assistive technology and assessment processes.
- Communicate with clients, families/carers and health professionals regarding assessments.
- Outline how the assessment for equipment and assistive technology links with clinical assessments and care plans.
- Conduct screening for risks and ‘Red Flags’ associated with assessing….