This training will recap on the aspects of home care reform that will impact care management delivery and the role of care managers and will explore care management essentials including care management scope of practice, partnering with consumers, care co-ordination, interface with clinical care, and conduct of welfare and health check-ins.
Exploration of the way that future care management will be different from current approaches will enable participants to gain insight into what will be required to ensure that their care management model and practice remains fit for purpose and best practice in both the current and future home care environments.
By the end of this webinar course, you will be able to:
- Understand how the home care reform environment is impacting the provision of care management.
- Have ideas about possible structures within your service.
- Recognise the future care manager role and care manager capability requirements.
- Appreciate the difference between current and future approaches to care management.
- Distinguish the differing roles of care managers and clinicians in home care.
- Apply best practice approaches to care management including well-being monitoring, application of health literacy, and conduct of health check–ins.