New platform provides personal roadmap for ageing

A new digital platform connects older Australians to personalised services and support networks.

Information and advisory service Independent Living Assessment (iLA) has launched a digital platform to connect older Australians to personalised services and support networks.

Andrea Morris

LiveUp was launched this month as a tool to help seniors live independently for longer.

The federally-funded service helps connect older Australians to local services, support networks and assistive products and equipment.

It also includes a screening tool and provides access to expert advice and

The LifeCurve screening tool, developed by ADL Research and Newcastle University’s Institute for Ageing, maps age-related functional decline.

LiveUp assesses how capable or independent an individual will be as they age, based on the daily activities they can perform, and provides personalised suggestions for healthy ageing, including tailored activities, assistive products and social connections.

Science shows that only 25 per cent of ageing is attributed to the genes we inherit, the remaining 75 per cent of ageing can be attributed to lifestyle choices we make.

iLA General Manager Andrea Morris

General Manager of iLA Andrea Morris hopes LiveUp can change the way older Australians approach ageing.

“The science shows that only 25 per cent of ageing is attributed to the genes we inherit, the remaining 75 per cent of ageing can be attributed to lifestyle choices we make,” she said in a statement.

“That’s why LiveUp is designed to give people a breadth of opportunities to maintain or even improve their independence and add life to years, not just years to life.”

Ms Morris said the platform creates a “personal roadmap to take control of ageing”.

“That’s whether someone is starting to feel a twinge or two or is a great-grandparent who could use aids and equipment to support their day-to-day tasks at home or in the community,” she says.

LiveUp will grow and develop as iLA adds more resources to it.

Comment on the story below. Follow Community Care Review on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and sign up to our newsletter.

Tags: Andrea-Morris, ILA, LiveUp,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *